April 20, 2011

Chicky Snack Cake Pops

DSC_0016These are pretty much the cutest, fattest little chicks I’ve ever seen.  I love them.  So does my daughter. I gave her a plain yellow cake pop, and she asked me to finish decorating it first. Then she would eat it.  I knew that cuteness relates to taste!!

The first time I saw them, my mom had sent me this link.  Chicky snacks?!? I love it!!

Here’s how I make them:

Start with basic cake pops, dipped in yellow candy melts. Stick those in your styrofoam to dry.

For the beak, eyes and wings, I just pipe a on little blob of candy melts, using disposable piping bags:

DSC_0008-1

You place the candy melts into a disposable piping bag (or even a ziplock if you want) then microwave, kneading the melts in the bag every 15-20 seconds until it’s smooth.  You will want to do one color at a time, because the tip of the bag hardens quickly.  If that happens, you can just throw it back into the microwave, but it’s easiest if you do all the same color at the same time. I did mine all assembly line style:

chicky snacks

I think my favorite part about these chicks, is that even though they essentially should be the same…  they aren’t. At all!!  I think they all have their own cute little personalities. DSC_0017

3 comments:

Shawntae Berry said...

LOVE them!!!

Mindi said...

I hid the four Easter egg style cake pops you left at my house in the freezer. Did you know that I have several Fredellicious desserts hidden in my freezer? Just socking up, an essential part of my food storage plan. If anyone eats them without my permission...ohhhhh man.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad to find you! What a fun blog! And your chicky snacks are adoroable and full of personality!